As part of the 2005 building wide renovation, high traffic, stain resistant Berber carpeting was installed in the bedrooms, foyer and on the stairs leading up to Apartment Two at 31-81. Throughout the next few years the carpet was deep cleaned between each family that lived in the apartment, however it never really returned to its original height or spring. In the second half of 2016, we started looking for an upgrade.
We selected TEKA Enterprises based on their reputation and referrals from other Teka Enterprises clients. A walk through of the apartment with Teddy Kavourgias (President of Teka) helped refine what the scope of work would look like for the refresh. The finalized list included:
Flooring / Baseboard molding
- Remove the existing carpet and foam padding throughout the entire apartment, stairs and stair landing.
- Removal of existing sub floor throughout hallway and both bedrooms, installation of new 3/4 ply sub floor (any floors that are not level will be made level by sistering existing floor joints prior to sub floor install).
- Remove the existing commercial grade base molding throughout the entire apartment and stairs and replace with taller base molding that compliments flooring and apartment layout.
- 3/4 hardwood floors to be installed throughout both bedrooms and hallway then stitched into existing kitchen/dining room. All floors will be sanded and coated with polyurethane to provide a near color match.
Stairs and Entryway
- Demolish and remove materials from the existing tiled entryway. Replace and extend tile from the base of the staircase to the front door of the house.
- Remove carpet on all 15 stairs to final landing edge. Install oak treads and stringers on all 15 stairs and final landing edge.
- Installation of two additional layers of thermal/sound insulation bats between floors.
- Quad outlet power receptacle, low voltage wiring and transformer installation for hardwired Ring video doorbells.
- Installation and mounting of two Ring video doorbells (one for each apartment).