August 24, 2008 at 2:26 pm
Comments Off on Second Floor Balcony Shade Tree Canopy System
One of the wish list items from a former tenant was for something bigger than their umbrella that could block the sun on hot days and cool the terrace. We needed something that fit our criteria:
- Additional Shade preferably for that extended the length of the terrace, a few feet away from the house.
- It must be set up and put away easily and quickly. If it took lots of time to open and close, no one would use it.
- It must be easily stored and take up a minimum amount of space.
- Something with enough height for everyone to walk under, standing straight, not stooped.
- Something that we could leave up for days to help shelter the terrace from the sun’s heat and UV rays.
June 3, 2007 at 4:25 pm
Comments Off on Backyard Re-Design Incorporating Heat Reduction Features
Original design and installation by Andrew Brooks.
One of the aspects of 31-81 that attracted us as buyers was the non-paved back yard. Considering that urban life is very dense without much greenspace, it was important for us to restore our backyard to something less urban.
March 14, 2006 at 2:18 pm
Comments Off on Backyard Cleanup and Concrete Removal
The prior owners partially completed 2005 renovation included putting sod down throughout the backyard. Shortly after closing and taking over the project, patches of sod started turning brown. After a little bit of digging unearthed a substantial amount of concrete buried an inch or three below the dirt that the sod covered. We contracted Veragood Contracting Corp of Brooklyn NY to help dig up, remove & dispose of the cement throughout the yard.