March 23, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Comments Off on Nest Protects, Power Receptacles with USB Ports and AFCI/GFCI Circuit Breakers
The electrical systems at 31-81 had been massively updated as part of the 2005 renovation, since then there have been changes in code, updates in technology and better product offerings on the market. 2017 seemed like the right time to update systems and start tying in some of the newly available technology and product into 31-81.
January 26, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Comments Off on Apartment Two Renovation
As part of the 2005 building wide renovation, high traffic, stain resistant Berber carpeting was installed in the bedrooms, foyer and on the stairs leading up to Apartment Two at 31-81. Throughout the next few years the carpet was deep cleaned between each family that lived in the apartment, however it never really returned to its original height or spring. In the second half of 2016, we started looking for an upgrade.
February 24, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Comments Off on Cutting the Cord – T.V. Antenna Installation
All three floors (both apartments) are now wired for Off-Air T.V. coming from the newly installed roof mounted T.V. Antenna!
The work was done by Antenna King of Brooklyn, the result is four dozen channels coming through in high definition without interference, static or frozen/pixelated frames.
Mauris ante ipsum, tincidunt non justo at, posuere vulputate elit. Fusce vitae massa ultricies, tincidunt sem sed, porttitor dui. Nunc vestibulum orci ex, sit amet lobortis odio sollicitudin ut. Proin accumsan lorem neque. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Phasellus at mauris turpis.
June 7, 2011 at 10:52 am
Comments Off on New AC units, sleeves and some maintenance
New air conditioning units
It was time to remove 3 AC units that had been cemented into the existing front, side and back wall and install 3 brand new sleeve units. Because the original units were standard window units that were framed and sealed in the wall (without a sleeve), we needed to:
- measure the area to determine what size sleeve and AC unit would be possible,
- cut some of the surrounding brick and mortar to extract the old units,
- install and insulate the area that surrounded each new A/C sleeve, and finally
- install each of the new A/C units properly in their new home.
We needed to refresh the curb-side appeal the house had when we purchased it six years ago. To do this, we hired Champion Interiors to perform the following tasks:
- Pressure wash the painted concrete in front of the house, seal and paint the area;
- Scrape flaking paint on the two front columns, prime and paint;
- Repair each of the cracked stucco lines and blend / re-finish;
- Clean and remove rust spots on the front/side railings and prime with Rustoleum and paint;
- Repair/ weld broken section of gate to side of building, clean, prime and paint.
We also did a little work inside:
- Repaired walls and ceiling before priming and painting the entire 2nd floor – including stairwell
- Clean interior skylight trims and prime and paint
- Clean bathroom tile/grout and re-grout and caulk as necessary
August 24, 2008 at 2:26 pm
Comments Off on Second Floor Balcony Shade Tree Canopy System
One of the wish list items from a former tenant was for something bigger than their umbrella that could block the sun on hot days and cool the terrace. We needed something that fit our criteria:
- Additional Shade preferably for that extended the length of the terrace, a few feet away from the house.
- It must be set up and put away easily and quickly. If it took lots of time to open and close, no one would use it.
- It must be easily stored and take up a minimum amount of space.
- Something with enough height for everyone to walk under, standing straight, not stooped.
- Something that we could leave up for days to help shelter the terrace from the sun’s heat and UV rays.
October 10, 2007 at 11:02 am
Comments Off on Installation of Energy Efficient Roofing
By RoofMaster NYC (roofmasternyc.com)
Utilizing a true white granule based roofing material, the roof on 31-81 now delivers both long-wearing reliability and energy savings to those living under it. Among other benefits realized after installation, the building is cooler in the summers, cleaner and as a result, consumes less energy. In the United States, dwellings tended to be built with white roofs through the 1960s. Then, as air conditioning became widespread, cheap, and taken for granted, priorities shifted. It became popular to use darker roofing shingles, which more resembled wooden shingles and better concealed dirt and mold. The colored granules on typical “white” shingles made today are coated with only one-sixth as much white pigment as in the 1960s. Under the summer sun, modern roofs can become up to 20°F hotter than the old-style ones.
April 1, 2006 at 5:00 pm
Comments Off on Completing the 2005 Renovation
The previous owners of 31-81 had started a huge fix and flip renovation effort shortly after acquiring the in 2004. Work that had started in 2004 had stopped in the months leading up to closing. Immediately after taking ownership of the property, we set to work with a licensed/bonded/insured team of professionals comprised of engineers, plumbers, electricians, landscapers and masons to both correct the earlier work and complete the overall project.