The previous owners of 31-81 had started a huge fix and flip renovation effort shortly after acquiring the in 2004. Work that had started in 2004 had stopped in the months leading up to closing. Immediately after taking ownership of the property, we set to work with a licensed/bonded/insured team of professionals comprised of engineers, plumbers, electricians, landscapers and masons to both correct the earlier work and complete the overall project.New core heating systems were installed, tested, re-tested and brought online. Each apartment now had dedicated
- 65 gallon Bradford White water heaters;
- Enerjet Boilers; and
- New wiring and dedicated circuit panels with labeled switches by Christopher Jon Electricians.
- Gas and heating delivery systems were upgraded by Mr. Rooter and tested at pressures 10x above Con Edison requirements.
- Installation of French drains and a commercial grade pump by Vulcan Basement Waterproofing would ensure the basement stayed dry and livable.
Appliances were also updated in each apartment:
- Four burner gas ranges by Summit
- Stainless steel dishwashers by G.E.
- Stainless steel refrigerators by Whirlpool
- Through the wall A/C units by Samsung and Friedrich
- Installation of energy efficient ceiling fan in the second bedroom of apartment 2.
Work that had been started or done quickly was re-examined and corrected if questionable workmanship had been found. Corrections to the hardwood flooring throughout apartment 1 and in the kitchen/living room of apartment 2 were made. The padded and insulated Berber carpeting installed in each of apartment 2’s bedrooms, foyer and stairway were cleaned.
Completing the project took a number of weeks; however the finished product is something we’re very proud of.