August 24, 2008 at 2:26 pm · Thomas · Comments Off on Second Floor Balcony Shade Tree Canopy System
One of the wish list items from a former tenant was for something bigger than their umbrella that could block the sun on hot days and cool the terrace. We needed something that fit our criteria:
- Additional Shade preferably for that extended the length of the terrace, a few feet away from the house.
- It must be set up and put away easily and quickly. If it took lots of time to open and close, no one would use it.
- It must be easily stored and take up a minimum amount of space.
- Something with enough height for everyone to walk under, standing straight, not stooped.
- Something that we could leave up for days to help shelter the terrace from the sun’s heat and UV rays.